Went Back To Robin Hobb's First Elderlings Book, Happy I Did So

I was truly taken by Robin Hobb's Rain Wild Chronicles
Then, a couple of patrons I jaw with, informed me
Most of her work is all related
There are now four distinct but connected series
It starts with Assassin's Apprentice
I went to book one series one
Assassin's Apprentice begins The Farseer Series
There are no dragons but there is talk of "The Elders"
The protagonist is the bastard son of a King in Waiting
The King in Waiting gives up the throne
Fitz, the bastard, is raised by the Stable Keeper/Soldier
Suddenly he is spirited away by the royal assassin

I have now finished book two, Royal Assassin

I am well (finished it) into book three Assassin's Quest
Here, there be dragons
It's all worth the trip
I'm headed into the second trilogy soon

The Liveship Traders, I can hardly wait

Robin Hobb, satisfies as only the few can do
Her characters are fully fleshed out, complex and conflicted
Fully in the grips of the human condition
Her plotting will grab and keep your attention

Wonderful new music
The Jayhawks got back together
It was a long wait
Mockingbird Time
Worth the wait

No comments:

Post a Comment