My Wife Took My Book

I had just set down my book
Eon: Dragoneye Reborn by Alison Goodman
It disappeared in a blink of the eye
My wife had watched me read the book
I had said nothing, I'm always reading
She must have noticed my absence
I wasn't gone long, But I was, long gone
Total immersion
The family all but ceased to exist
My wife, and the book disappeared
This does not happen often
She returned to the family smiling 
We had something in common
A good book!

What's the story?
Strong young fem protagonist
An ancient Oriental setting
Dragons
And a seriously diverse cast of characters
It's shelved down in the Young Adult collection
Take the elevator, take the stairs
But, take the trip
Enjoy!

Music of the moment
Robert Johnson (1911 - 1938)
Robert Johnson - The Complete Recordings
41 songs (12 are alternate takes of his 29 compositions)
Digitally remastered by someone who cared
Absolutely astounding!
I feel like a smiling man with a bad reputation
Guilty pleasures

No comments:

Post a Comment