Thank The Stars For Friends And Fellow Readers

How in the world did I miss The Name of the Wind
Patrick Rothfuss has written a masterpiece
First published in 2007 and I just got the word
I have not enjoyed a fantasy this much since
Well since Brent Weeks', The Way of Shadows
One of my superiors, who's son I once advised
Thought I might enjoy The Name of the Wind
Winner of The Quill Award 2007
I did not like it. I loved it
Depth of characters
Breadth of story and plot
The prose, Oh the prose
The cadence, the pace, the lyricism
Hot Diggity Damner, Woo Hoo,
Yippi-I-A-Ki-O

Book two, The Wise Man's Fear is now here
I await my turn with much toe tapping
Series title: The Kingkiller Chronicle
Wonderful new series (to me)

Deserves wonderful new music
Harlem River Blues by Steve's boy
Justin Townes Earle

No comments:

Post a Comment