Philip Reeve / Mortal Engines / Steamy Dystopia / Brilliant World Build

The blurb on the back of the book
It mentioned Philip Pullman fans
How could I resist

Philip Reeve had me in his grip immediately
The world build, our future
Nothing less than amazing

Mortal Engines is tough to categorize
Steam/Dystopia is the best I can do
But, But, But, it is so much more

I'm late to the game with this one
First published in America in 2001
So happy it found me

Civilized life is On The Move
Monstrous cities on treads
Constantly battling one another

Only the strong survive
All others are incorporated
Captured citizens become slaves

The class structure is an outrage
Three distinct protagonists
Each doing their bit to make a good story

A bright daydreaming boy
An intelligent daughter of privilege
And Hester, with her disfigured face
  and enough moxy to carry the story alone

YA readers get on board
Series Title: The Hungry City Chronicles


My personal listening of late
Not lost in the past, the music stands
Bob Dylan's second and sixth LP/CD
The freewheelin' Bob Dylan
Highway 61 Revisited

No comments:

Post a Comment