David Gordon / The Serialist / Nothing Like It / Outstanding First Novel!

David Gordon stopped me in my tracks
I sat down and read The Serialist
Nothing else mattered

I constantly wanted to stop and highlight
Library book, No Highlighting!
I constantly wanted to stop and tweet a quote
No time for foolishness, I'm reading

Harry Block is a writer
Not literature, pulp
Harry's life is a trash heap

Harry gets an invite to visit prison
A serial killer wants to talk
The killer wants to tell his story
He wants Harry to write a book

Calamity becomes Chaos
The body count begins to rise

It's up to Harry

I have my own copy now
A rare event
Highlights and quotes to ensue


Music
I'm taking this one home
Putting the player on repeat
And Cranking It Up!!
Guitar Town
Steve Earle


No comments:

Post a Comment